Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daytona 500 - Let's go racing!

It is 3:35 p.m. EST and we're about to take the green flag for the start of the 51st Daytona 500. It looks to be an exciting race today and the weather may play a factor in the race. Let's hope it doesn't rain and we're able to get the whole race in without rain.

I will admit that I am a biased race fan. I like Chevy drivers and my top 3 guys are Dale Jr., Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart. I would love to see any of those guys win today. But there are some other guys I'd be happy to see win too. It would be awesome to see Mark Martin win, as he's 0 for 24 in Daytona 500 races.

And we're green! Martin Truex Jr. is out to an early leade and it's clean racing through the first lap. We have 2 rookies in the race, Scott Speed and Joey Logano, can they handle the pressure of the race, only time will tell.

There is also a possible tire issue that was disscussed in pre-race, let's hope we don't have an fiasco like the Indy 500 last spring.

And here comes Kevin Harvick, up the middle out of nowhere. He's a man on a mission, as my husband just said. It's like he is channeling the spirit of the late Dale Earnhardt.

And we have our first caution on lap 7. Aric Almirola spun but was able to keep from taking anyone out, and everyone was able to avoid him as he came down the track.

I will try to post blogs throughout the race if my kids will allow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment